Toronto, Canada – December 8, 2021
Payment Rails, a portfolio company of both GreenSky Capital Fund II and III, has made two significant announcements:
- Payment Rails will from now on be conducting business under the name ‘Trolley’; and
- Trolley has closed a new CDN$7M Series A funding round.
While ‘Payment Rails’ tends to connote a more specific financial infrastructure focus, the new name – Trolley – tries to capitalize on the fact that its clients are looking for a payouts partner who can help them move their business forward by:
- paying out suppliers in an efficient and reliable way;
- improving processes around payment, tax, and risk management; and
- allowing customers to “move freely across borders” by engaging with and paying suppliers from nearly anywhere (215+ countries).
The CDN$7M investment round was led by Pace Capital and will allow Trolley to expand and accelerate its product roadmap and focus on opening new markets by enhancing existing banking networks.
Please click here for details of this exciting news and other developments at Trolley:
Trolley’s vision is to unlock the collective economic opportunity of the internet – for everyone – by building a truly global payouts ecosystem. Trolley is building the payouts platform for the internet economy. We enable businesses to reach workers from all corners of the world and we offer creators, on-demand workers, and suppliers the ability to bring their specialized talents to a global market.
About GreenSky Capital Inc.
GreenSky Capital Inc. is an award-winning Toronto-based firm that makes investments in early-stage Canadian technology companies through its affiliated venture capital funds, GreenSky Accelerator Fund I, II, III and IV. Our principals bring a combination of experience in technology, entrepreneurship, law and finance to high-growth potential companies and dedicated entrepreneurs. Learn more about GreenSky at greenskycapital.com.